Galatrails – Mapping your adventure

logoblanco

Galapagos Islands: Open for Adventure!

Galapagos Islands

Share This Post

Experience the Thrill of Post-Pandemic Travel.

Calling all adventurers and nature enthusiasts! The Galapagos Islands are back and better than ever. After a brief pause, tourism has returned, and the islands are open for exploration. Get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey through this enchanting paradise!

In 2022, a total of 267,688 tourists set foot on the Galapagos Islands. The growth in tourist arrivals from 2021 to 2022 is astounding, with a staggering increase of 168% for foreign tourists and 49% for national tourists. The majority of arrivals, 72% to be precise, entered through the Baltra Island airport, while the remaining 28% arrived via San Cristóbal.

Although the total number of tourists in 2022 was 1% lower than in 2019, prior to the pandemic, it is a small difference of 3,550 tourists, and the recovery is well underway!

Nature has rebounded with a bang, and the Galapagos’ remarkable wildlife is reclaiming its territory. Picture sea lions frolicking on the beaches, ancient giant tortoises meandering through lush vegetation, and blue-footed boobies flaunting their dazzling dance moves.

The Galapagos Islands are buzzing with energy as travelers from around the globe flock to experience its wonders.

Thanks to strict conservation measures and responsible tourism practices, the Galapagos ecosystem has had time to rejuvenate. This means even more remarkable encounters await you. Snorkel alongside graceful sea turtles, glide past vibrant schools of fish, and prepare to be awestruck by the sight of hammerhead sharks cruising beneath you. The underwater world is a kaleidoscope of wonder and beauty.

Tourism in Galapagos is rebounding handsomely with more than double foreign tourists exploring the islands last year verses 2021! As international tourism stabilizes, national tourism has surged, exceeding pre-pandemic levels. The island’s proximity and affordability make it an appealing choice for domestic travelers.

Let’s dive into some exciting activities! Picture yourself camping on the beautiful beaches of “El Garrapatero” and “Playa Roja,” joining the lucky 7,924 visitors who enjoyed this incredible experience last year. For those seeking adventure on the water, kayaking is a must, with 7,924 visitors embarking on thrilling kayaking expeditions. And here’s a fun fact: 35% of all visitors made their way to the famous Tortuga Bay, a stunning beach where you can soak up the sun and encounter fascinating wildlife.

Now is the time to plan your Galapagos adventure! The islands are eagerly awaiting your arrival. Experience the magic of post-pandemic travel as you immerse yourself in the unique ecosystems, encounter captivating wildlife, and discover the wonders of the Galapagos Islands. The recovery of tourism in this tropical paradise is in full swing, and the Galapagos Islands are ready to offer you an adventure of a lifetime. Get packing and embark on a journey that will leave you with memories to cherish forever!

Comments from our blogger: @Charli Pocock

Was this helpful?

0 / 5 0

Your page rank:

Leave a comment

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

More To Explore